You know what I love? Besides flowers, leaves and everything green…yep you guessed it…bread. I love cutting a slice, with melted chocolate chips and the steam still looping into the air. It is fantastic with a cup of Ginger Turmeric Tea (Turmeric is the new thing), or better yet when it is softly raining outside. And so when you can’t spend time in your garden because of the spring weather…the only thing there is to do is bake. Where I bake the most delicous gluten free, dairy free, and soy free banana bread!
And I eat it all.
Yes, I have been Gluten Free for over ten years, after having a childhood rash that never went away, not even the doctors could solve it. But once I stopped gluten, my face cleared, and so did my stomach aches. And through these ten years, I have bought many expensive slices of bread from stores and bakeries, baked many intense recipes with ingredients I did not have readily available. Tired of expensive recipes and tasteless loaves of bread that never turned out, I decided to make my own. It has taken me two years to get this right, but this recipe is Easy. Delicious. And Gluten Free.
(Pssst… I also have a fantastic gluten free plain banana bread, and pumpkin bread…oh and sweet potato, and if you want that posted just comment below and I will get it up!)
Best Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe Ever!
1/2 cup of Gluten Free All purpose flour
1/2 cup of Arrowroot powder/starch/flour
1/2 cup of Cocoa powder
1 tea. of baking soda
1 tea. of baking powder
1/4 tea. of salt
1/2 tea. of cinnamon
1/4 tea. of ginger
1/2 cup of chocolate chips!
1/3 cup of olive oil
1/3 cup of syrup
1 tea. of vanilla
1 cup of mashed bananas (usually 2 large or 3 small)
- Preheat oven to 350º F and oil bread pan or line muffin tin with baking cups.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a small bowl with a fork.
- Mix all wet ingredients together in a large bowl with a fork. I usually beat the eggs first to make it fluffy and then add everything else in.
- Pour dry bowl into wet bowl and mix with a mixing spoon.
- Pour into a glass bread pan…or cupcake tin. I fill mine up big so I get about 11 muffins.
- Bake for 55 mins (24 mins for muffins). But it depends on your oven. Cook anywhere between 50 mins to 1 hr. It is done when you touch the top and it has resistance.
- Take out of the oven and put directly into the freezer. This locks in the moisture! And you can eat it faster : )
- After about 10 mins or so, take the bread out and enjoy!
For those of you who need pictures, I have them in steps below, and you can see what products I use. My favorite gluten-free flour is Namaste but I have tried many other gluten-free flours with success. If you don’t like chocolate chips (but why?) then don’t add them in. Same goes for anything here. This is a recipe that I found works the best for me. I repeat for me! Try it out and let me know how it works for you. I repeat for you!
In the meantime, when it is raining in spring outside, you will find me not in the garden getting wet, but with a good book, great tea and an even better slice of bread.